While there are hundreds of analysts that blog, the big dog in the analyst market has been a Chihuahua not a mastiff in the blogosphere, even discouraging its analysts from having personal blogs. However, that is changing in a big way as news has gotten out that Gartner has upped the ante on analyst blogging by encouraging analysts to start blogging with 47 blogs already on the new Gartner Blog Network (see below for list with links) with more being launched. What is even more interesting is that Gartner is encouraging its analysts participate in the online conversation by leaving comments on blogs – we found this out after a Gartner analyst left a comment on the SageCircle blog. This new emphasis on blogging by Gartner brings up a number of key issues for AR:
- Are you prepared to monitor analyst blogs?
- Are you prepared to engage the analysts via their blogs?
- Are you prepared to use an AR blog to engage the analysts?
- Are you prepared for the analysts to “go around” you and interact directly with your company’s bloggers, especially executives?
To help out AR professionals and teams take a strategic approach to blogging, SageCircle is announcing a new public webinar focused on using and understanding this form of communication.
In this SageCircle AR Webinar, we will provide you with succinct and actionable information that will help you get up-to-speed on blogging and help you understand the implications for AR. The agenda for the 90-minute session includes:
- The state of analyst and AR blogging
- Tools and tips on being an efficient blog tracker
- How blogging can fit into the mix of interactions
- Decision framework – following analyst blogs
- Decision framework – launching an AR blog
- Getting started with analyst blogs (as easy as A B C D E F)
- Driving analyst readership of AR and vendor blogs
There will be plenty of time for your observations and questions.
The cost of this information-packed session is only $95. You can register by clicking here or visiting www.SageCircle.com. In addition, the cost is per login not per person. Feel free to schedule a meeting with your colleagues in a conference room and have all of you participate via a single ticket. Then afterwards you can discuss how to apply what you learned during the webinar.
We are scheduling two sessions to make it easy for you to fit the webinar into your busy schedule. The sessions will be held:
Wednesday, October 8th at 8:30 am PT and 4 pm PT
If you have any questions, please give SageCircle a call at 650-274-8309.
Looking forward to your participation in the webinar.
Gartner Blog Network – as of September 15, 2008 at 10 am PT