Gartner’s Analyst Relations team holds a quarterly conference call for the analyst relations (AR) community. SageCircle occasionally will post about the call, but for this particular call there was so much information that we have a seven-part series to highlight details and provide commentary. See below for links to all seven posts.
One of the recommendations that the Gartnerians gave on the AR Call was to attend some Magic Quadrant (MQ) presentations at the ITxpo Theater. This is a suggestion that we heartily endorse.
AR professionals are probably so tired of thinking about the MQ and arguing with the analysts – especially if the update project was relatively recent – that it would be easy to blow off this opportunity. However, attending a presentation like this can provide some excellent opportunities to gather some insights such as:
- How analysts tend to position the research to end-user clients
- How analysts engage their end-user clients when answering questions about the MQ
- Intelligence when the MQ might be updated
- Intelligence about how the market criteria are evolving
- Intelligence about how the analyst might rearrange the dots if it has been many months since the last update
- AR teams should identify and prioritize which MQ presentations to attend
- AR should chat with the end users after a presentation to learn more about how they use the Continue reading