For the most part, IT and communications industry analysts are a hard working, diligent group. They do their homework, make sure that they are up-to-date and act in an ethical manner. Unfortunately, this description does not cover all analysts.
While the analyst community can rightly say that there are problem AR teams, the reality is that there are problem analysts as well. However, there is no single type of problem analyst. Rather there are a variety of types each with their own characteristics. AR professionals need to identify the type of problem analyst they are confronted with and develop a plan that addresses his or her specific characteristics. The types of problem analysts that SageCircle has identified are:
- Budget Vampire
- Know it All
- Pragmatist (not really a “problem”)
- Rock Star
- Thought Leader
- Uncertain Novice
- Well-known Press Hound
To provide AR professionals with the tools needed identify the type of analyst they are dealing with, and how to best create an action plan SageCircle is conducting the Dealing with Problem Analysts webinar on September 17th at 8:30 am PT and 4 pm PT. Click here for more information including the agenda. Click here to register for this information packed webinar.
- Do not fall into the trap in assuming that all analysts are problem analysts
- Do not fall into the trap of assuming that there is a “one-size fits all” type of problem analyst
- AR teams need to analyze the characteristics of each analyst to determine the type and most appropriate response
- Problem analysts that are highly relevant and influential require plans and patience to turn around
Bottom Line: Not all analysts that are skeptical and raise concerns about a vendor’s strategy or execution are problem analysts. AR professionals need to carefully analyze the situation they are confronted with and develop a plan specific to that situation.
Question: Are there other types of problem analysts?
Related problem analyst posts:
- Presentation déjà vu could be a sign you are dealing with a problem analyst
- There are many types of problem analysts
- How to manufacture a “problem analyst”
- Spoon feed analysts public information
- Got a problem analyst? Screaming won’t help