More and more analyst relations (AR) professionals are joining Twitter and following analysts. In fact, there are over 315 entries in the AR Twitter Directory with more being added every week. Here are some quick tips for AR professionals new to Twitter.
- Unprotect your updates so that people can easily follow you (Settings/Account/checkbox “Protect my updates”)
- Upload an avatar. 48×48 pixels. It can be photo, logo, cartoon, etc. (Settings/Picture)
- Put something in your One Line Bio. 160 characters. Include your company name and job, e.g., analyst relations (Settings/Account/data entry box “One Line Bio:”)
- Cross check your Tier 1 and 2 analysts against the Analyst TwitterDirectory and be sure you follow relevant analysts
- Review the AR TwitterDirectory for peers to follow
- Download Tweetdeck, a Twitter desktop client, and set up a group for the analysts you are following
- Go to Twitter Search, put in a search term (e.g., your company name) and bookmark it
- Add starting up Tweetdeck and Twitter Search to your regular routine when you turn on your PC
- Add your Twitter handle to your email signature block
- Cross-link your social media identify by adding your Twitter handle to LinkedIn profile (click to see step-by-step instructions)
- Set up alerts using Twitter Search‘s RSS feed feature
All together, these ten simple steps should only take you 30 minutes.
Bottom Line: Twitter is transitioning from a fun fad to a regular business tool. IT industry analysts are expressing more and more opinions via Twitter, opinions that can impact vendors’ market perception and sales deals. In addition, analysts often tweet about what they working on and other valuable pieces of AR intelligence. AR professionals that are not on Twitter will find themselves at a competitive disadvantage.
Question: If you are not on Twitter yet, why not?
Interested in getting up-to-speed on Twitter quickly and efficiently? Check out SageCircle’s Twitter for AR training.
SageCircle has training on Twitter for AR. This 90-minute session is packed with practical tips, information, and insights. Topics addressed in this training include:
- What is Twitter
- Adoption by the Analyst Ecosystem
- Twitter Setup
- Twitter Usage Basics
- Twitter Efficiency
- Incorporating Twitter into AR Activities
There are three ways you can take advantage of this information-packed practical training:
- Public Webinar – regularly scheduled, live with Q&A from attendees ($95)
- Online Tutorial – on-demand recorded sessions with a phone-based inquiry for your Q&A ($95)
- AR Team Briefing – live for just you and your colleagues via webinar, scheduled at your convenience, unlimited attendance ($495)
For more information including a brochure, times for the next public webinar or to register please click here. Any of these options are payable via purchase order or credit card. For more information, contact us at info [at] sagecircle [dot] com or 503-636-1500.