SageCircle’s strategists have seen hundreds and hundreds of vendor presentations over the 17 years. Frankly, more than 70% of the presentations fail to be effective for many reasons. This is a quick Top 5 list to help vendors and PR account executives avoid the worst mistakes.
5) Doesn’t provide information in the format that supports the three research delivery methods used by the analysts (e.g., phone-based inquiry, formal presentations and written research)
4) Doesn’t support the purpose, objectives and key messages of the briefing
3) Too generic, the presentation is targeted for press or customers instead of analysts
2) Too technology focused
And the #1 presentation worst practice is…
1) Too long
- When creating your presentation keep these worst practices in mind
- Use this Top 5 list as a critiquing tool for your presentation after you’ve finished each draft
Bottom Line: The analyst briefing presentation is a critical tool for communicating information to the analysts – and setting an impression. Vendors need to avoid the Top 5 worst practices that limit the effectiveness of their presentations.
Question: Analysts – What are some presentation practices you would like vendor to stop using? What are some best practices you wish vendors would adopt?
Do you need help in bullet proofing your presentation? If so, SageCircle can help.
- AR Briefing on Creating the Analyst Presentation – 90-minute webinar on the best and worst practices for analyst presentations.
- Advisory – Annual Advisory or Block of Advisory Hours clients can use inquiry to obtain tips-and-tricks for presentations as well as have as many presentations critiqued
- Mini-Workshop on Creating the Killer Presentation – Mini-workshops give AR teams the knowledge, best practices and tools needed to ensure a successful outcome. Each Mini-Workshop is a bundle of SageContent, SageTools, training, and strategist inquiry focused on a specific activity with the goal of building the AR professional’s knowledgebase to improve current and future execution. Components for this Mini-Workshop include:
- o Training session for AR on presentation best practices
- o Executive briefing on the importance of the analyst-centric presentations
- o Training session for content developers on presentation best practices
- o Several rounds of critiquing a draft presentation to hone its effectiveness
For more information, please contact us at 503-636-1500 or “info [at] sagecircle [dot] com”