any analyst relations (AR) managers perceive that an AR-Sales Partnership is a complex and time consuming endeavor which they simply do not have time to initiate. While a full scale AR-Sales program for a large vendor does take significant resources, getting started does not have to require a lot of work. Rather, AR can conduct a feasibility pilot for a modest investment.
- Understand your options
- Educate yourself about the concept and the issues
- Involve stakeholders, both your management and Sales
- Make a Go/No Go decision on whether it is practical to proceed to step 2
- Determine required investments
- Develop a plan
- Identify investments required to for a pilot project and estimated requirements for a full rollout
- Make a Go/No Go decision on whether to launch a pilot project
- Launch a pilot project
- Train pilot sales team
- Deliver information and tools
- Assist on sales deals
- Collect data and insights
- Make a Go/No decision on whether to move to the next phase of limited production
Bottom Line: Getting started with an AR-Sales Partnership does not require significant effort as it mainly education, including a modest pilot project.
Question: AR – Have you tried to launch an AR-Sales program? If no, why not?
Get Up to Speed Quickly on AR-Sales Partnership issues by eliminating the “Re-invention of the Wheel”
To help AR executives and teams decide when and how to support sales, SageCircle has a public half-day workshop focused on how to incorporate an AR-Sales Partnership Program into the AR portfolio.
Key Issues to be addressed in this workshop include:
- What are the characteristics of a great AR-Sales partnership plan that provides the necessary detail without taking too much work?
- How can AR market the AR-Sales program to its management and Sales management?
- Should AR work with the existing sales infrastructure or develop its own capabilities?
- What is the right balance of information and tools that will make sales reps more effective without taking up too much of their time?
- What are the risks that AR should be aware of when it comes to launching an AR-Sales Partnership?
The next session of the Launching an AR Sales Partnership workshop is on Tuesday, June 16th, from 8 am to 12 pm PT in the Silicon Valley. The cost is only $495. Click here to learn more about the workshop, including the agenda, and to register