SageCircle has published a number of posts concerning the acquisition of AMR Research by Gartner, Inc. This blog post will be a convenient go-to place for a roundup of other SageCircle articles. The posts are listed in reverse chronological order.
In addition to this public information, SageCircle Advisory and Online SageContent Library received a SageFlash with deeper analysis and more recommendations. Furthermore, many clients used the event as the trigger for an inquiry with a SageCircle strategist to discuss the implication of AMR being swallowed up by Gartner.
- Highly recommended – Participating in the Gartner Quarterly AR Call on January 7, 2010
- Ovum ups the ante in campaign to recruit AMR analysts and sales representatives
- Analyst departures start at AMR Research
- Questions from the SageCircle webinar on Gartner’s acquisition of AMR Research
- Special offers for AMR Research’s clients, sales professionals and analysts
- Announcing the SageCircle free webinar on Gartner’s acquisition of AMR Research
- Gartner Acquiries AMR Research for $64m
Replay of the webinar “SageCircle Analysis of Gartner’s acquisition of AMR Research” is now available. To receive a link and password to watch a streaming version of the webinar please email “info [at] sagecircle [dot] com”. Please include your job title and company name. Agenda:
- Basics of the deal
- SageCircle Analysis of AMR’s and Gartner’s Motivation
- Highlights from Gartner AR Community Call
- Commentary on Points from Gartner AR Community Call
- Recommendations for Research Clients
- Recommendations for Vendor AR Teams
What should you do if one your top ranked analyst firms is involved in a merger & acquisition event?
M&A will be part of the analyst ecosystem in 2010 and beyond. Whenever there is a significant event in the analyst market, SageCircle clients receive an immediate SageFlash with analyis and recommendations on the steps research consumers and AR should do. In addition, Advisory clients can schedule a phone-based inquiry to discuss how to apply these steps to their particular situation. We can do individual calls as well as a teleconference for an enterprise’s or vendor’s entire team.
Non-clients can quickly and easily sign up for a two-hour Advisory Hour Block for only $495. Please give SageCircle a call at 503-636-1500 if you want to discuss the implications of this layoff.