Last week’s severe cutbacks at Yankee Group (see here and here) could be an indicator that the firm is simply refocusing on its prime research opportunity or it could mean it is back on the selling block. This would be the fourth change in ownership in this decade if this turns out to be true. Here is a quick timeline:
- 1970 – founded by Howard Anderson
- 1996 August – acquirer Primark ($34m)
- 2000 May – acquirer Reuters Enterprise ($72.5m)
- 2004 May – acquirer Decision Matrix Group, formed by Monitor Clipper Partners (undisclosed)
- 2005 November – acquirer Alta Communications (undisclosed)
- 2008 September – ?
A sale by Alta would not be surprising as it – like Monitor Clipper Partners – is a private equity firm that buys and sells companies as Continue reading